Craigslist Guy Has The Right Idea

Actual Austin TX Craigslist ad placed after the guy’s girlfriend said his cat had to go. It’ s making the rounds now.

We don’t know if the poster’s girlfriend really gave him the ultimatum, but this is an actual Craigslist post. The photo image is from the ad but was taken off of the internet and is not the poster’s cat.

We’ve heard from Craigslist guy, who thanks us all for our comments and says that, while no one has taken her, she is gone.

Girlfriend says cat has to go!! Free tonight!!

My girlfriend said the cat has to be gone by 12:00 tomarrow. She left a little while ago to hang with her friends. I put all her crap on the lawn and will try my best to find her a new home but if not there is always the shelter.

So what we have here is one mildly attractive yet bitchy soon to find out she is a homeless exgirlfriend. She is somewhat house broken (but i think she is still connected to her mom by the umbilical cord).

She is in her midtwenties and is NOT SPAYED (though she usually takes the pill) Lot of life left in this one. She is up to date on her shots and is great with dogs and small children, but does not seem to get along well with cats.

She is playfull and bathroom trained (If takeing over every inch of horizontal surface with her stuff in the place is house broken. Then she is the Queen of house brokeness!!!).

She has somewhat of a special diet though i never figured it out fully, but pretty much it is dictated by what ever her closest friend of that week is into (Raw, vegan, atkins, hostess) You get the picture.

She will be coming with a whole lot of stuff!! (If it is still there when she comes home, but when iam done here Iam heading right over to the free section so maybe not) There will not be a rehoming fee (As a matter of fact i got $34 cash if you can get her tonight, If you need more we can hit the atm unless you have paypal then we have lots of options).

The main reason I am rehoming her is becuase she moved in about 9 months ago, and for three months everything was great, but then she started bitching about my cat. My cat has lived with me for 11 years since he was abandoned in my yard at about 3 weeks old, and i had too bottle feed him and teach him how to do everything a cool male should know (hunt, nap, play, hide, chirp like a bird. how to use a litter box!! This was the most challenging as i did not know how to use one myself. That made for some awkward moments) In other words Misdemeanor and I have been kicking it for a long time, and if she thinks I would even consider kicking him to the curb. Well need i say more?

I may put her up for auction on ebay tonight if my lawyer gives me the okay.

__________

We do not include the poster’s contact information out of concern that he will be inundated with offers for replacement girlfriends. You can go to the ad and reply via Craigslist, though, ladies.

__________

For more, see Craigslist Guy Speaks! to read what the man who chose his cat over the girlfriend has to say.

Still can’t get enough? Here’a a classic Craigslist post from a few years ago:
“I Don’t Miss Her, But I Miss You”: Craigslist Letter To An Ex’s Cat.

• July 10, 2011 7:14 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lisa Bunnie

I agree with kittie. I give her my finger, too.

• July 10, 2011 7:15 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Cannibal Rose

I ADORE THIS

• July 10, 2011 7:16 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Sharon Darnell Ganzhorn

I got my little kitten off Craig’s list and I’m so glad I did because he had roundworms and had never been to the vet for his shots. He is the love of my life even though he is mad at me right now because he just got neutered a couple of days ago. The guy in that story sounds awesome and his girlfriend sounds like a loser!

• July 10, 2011 7:20 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Sir Thomas, Knight of My Realm (aka T.)

We shared this in our realm this a.m. & it was a ROFMOL fest! This was REALLY funny! :D

• July 10, 2011 7:21 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Kristopher Kosie

Haha! That was so good! I would probably be “that guy”, too!

July 10, 2011 7:21 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Ruth Klaus

has a similar story: Some years ago I’d rescued 2 itty bitty kitties and luckily found a home for them, together. On the day the young woman was to have picked them up, she let me know she wasn’t able to have them. I was stunned, of course, and asked her why she didn’t want them. She told me that “her boyfriend said she couldn’t have them”. I told her…”get rid of the boyfriend”. She chose not to, so I kept the kittens and I still have them 12 years later.

• July 13, 2011 12:37 amPosted 3 years ago
      bonnie

damn straight! get rid of the boyfriend!!!! lucky for you and the kittens!!!

• July 10, 2011 7:25 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Rita Rodriguez Jackson

LOL.. I like this one.. :) )

July 10, 2011 7:25 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Beth Horton

That ad is just way funny!! I love it. Shared.

• July 10, 2011 7:25 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Sharon Darnell Ganzhorn

I DARE my husband to tell me to get rid of my kitties. He knows better than to even go there.

• July 10, 2011 7:27 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lisa Neff

Awesome! I would so date that guy AND his kitty!

July 10, 2011 7:27 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Jennifer Morgan

Got kitty free with bag of cat food (ekk, couldn’t say no, she’s too cute!) bf wants her out. Have been searching for a shelter for bf but currently no openings :/

• July 10, 2011 7:29 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Tonia Valerie Callahan

very funny! Loved it!!

July 10, 2011 7:30 pmPosted 3 years ago
    pjane

he can call me anytime!

July 10, 2011 7:31 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Deb Moulton

This guy has soo made the correct choice! Love it!

July 10, 2011 7:31 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Bonnie Kliamovich

I love it.

• July 10, 2011 7:33 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Robert Guthrie

Well done that man from a fellow cat loving man and proud of it animals show love with no conditions attached I would do the same as him if my g/f told me it’s her or the cat

• July 10, 2011 7:33 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lisa Elias

What took him the extra 6 months?

• July 10, 2011 7:45 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Machelle Trail

So Funny!!!!

July 10, 2011 7:51 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lizzy Leigh Vasquez

That guy freaking rocks! I’d kick any boyfriend to the curb for my cats too. ;)

• July 10, 2011 7:54 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lori Dixon Strecker

roflmaoooooo!!

July 10, 2011 8:02 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Miaow Paolucci

Love it!!

• July 10, 2011 8:06 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Linda Ciccolella Marchman

Look closely at the cat’s paw.

• July 10, 2011 8:09 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Linda Hendrix

Oh yeah…..

July 10, 2011 8:12 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Sylvia Spruell

I love you whoever you are for this, they are our babies and much more loyal than any man or women will ever be.

July 10, 2011 8:17 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Nancy Doherty

not woman need to go byby !

July 10, 2011 8:18 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Teri Larison

shared. Stupid Girl – she didn’t know Cats Rule!

• July 10, 2011 8:28 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lisa Elias

“Love me, love my pets”!

July 10, 2011 8:33 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Darla

Love it…..it gives “it’s me or the cat” a whole new meaning.

July 10, 2011 8:35 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Darla

It gives “it’s me or the cat” a whole new meaning. Love it! The guy made the right choice.

July 10, 2011 11:00 pmPosted 3 years ago
    CANDY BUNES

absolutely luv it….great sense of humor while making the right choice

July 11, 2011 9:36 amPosted 3 years ago
    Nancy Robison

i’d marry you! what a guy! :-D glad you could see a loser when it was staring you in the face…..

• July 11, 2011 10:52 amPosted 3 years ago
    jansfunnyfarm

Don’t know which is worse, the ones who give the ultimatum or the ones who “put up with” partner’s pet and abuse it.

July 11, 2011 11:01 amPosted 3 years ago
    Leonie GH

My ex wasn’t a cat fan, but he was kind to my kitties, in return they allowed him to have one side of the bed uncontested for the duration of the relationship. They knew when we were going to break up before I did, 2 weeks before it was all over they took back his side of the bed, they knew he wasn’t going to return!

July 21, 2011 10:04 pmPosted 3 years ago
      Melissa

thats cute. There were probably like “see ya later loser, now we got our comfy spot back”

July 11, 2011 12:29 pmPosted 3 years ago
    misder

Hello! And thank you all for the comments!! You all are making my recent break up much easier. :o )

July 11, 2011 1:06 pmPosted 3 years ago
      Karen Harrison Binette (Author)

Hi misder!
      Awesome … you’re really you! Thanks for posting the great Craigslist listing. As you know, everybody has gotten a real kick out of it.
      Did you get anybody to take her off your hands? If you’re looking for another I think we can send a few thousand candidates your way. ;-)

July 11, 2011 10:31 pmPosted 3 years ago
        misder

It has taken 2 days to read all the emails and not one person wanted her. This has been an amazing experiance. I posted that ad for her cuz i knew one of friends would see it, but this is so much better. I don’t think she even saw it, or has not yet…..

• July 11, 2011 4:06 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Sara Boisvert

Oh that cracked me up! That man did the “right” thing. lol

July 11, 2011 4:12 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Vicki Maynard

yes he did.. absolutely.. if she was that pickey with the cat. what happens if she doesnt like whatevery else the guy has..

July 11, 2011 4:19 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Ruth Klaus

thinks “CG” is very thoughtful to acknowledge our comments.

• July 11, 2011 4:52 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Judith Jackson

LOL! Yes, the Craigslist guy got it right!! If his girlfriend could or would not respect his relationship with the cat that this guy raised from a baby and had been together for 11 years – than all I can say is ‘Selfish Bitch’!! Craigslist guy — you ROCK! Btw, loved the ad!!

July 11, 2011 5:10 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Jodi Nelson

Lots of cat lovin ladies out there ready to take her place!

• July 11, 2011 5:22 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Life With Cats

We told him we could hook him up. ;-)

July 11, 2011 6:48 pmPosted 3 years ago
    jmuhj

Coming from a long, long line of cat-lovers on both sides of my family (both genders, too) , any relationship I’ve found to be less than loving of cats has been shown the door. Absolutely, if you don’t love my loved ones, you don’t stay in my life and you sure aren’t worth a second of my time. Good on this guy! (And yeah, I love that photo!)

July 11, 2011 9:07 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Dena Clark

I got a cat for my boyfriend……good trade!

• July 11, 2011 9:55 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Rachel McDowell Tate

Love it!!!!!!!

July 11, 2011 10:35 pmPosted 3 years ago
    misder

Oh and for any-one that is curious?? She is gone I don’t even know where she is staying. I left my phone and computer and went to the beach to meditate for the weekend. I came in late last night and had a few hundred e-mails to filter through. Thank you all so much!! I did not even have a single hate mail. Everyone has supported me in this. :o )

• July 17, 2011 7:00 pmPosted 3 years ago
      kelly

if u get hate mail then it’s one of her friends, or relatives!. the ad was soo cool & to the point i love it!. u have the right idea!. i just read it to my daughter & she was lhao( laughing her a“ off!. asking why would she even ask him to do that, that it was mean & wrong for her to !. , we both think ur a cool , animal careing guy !. thks for keeping the cat !. i love the cat to tell mr. big cat i ove his pic too!. smart u have!!. lmao!!!.

• July 11, 2011 11:35 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Brandy

Sounds like my kinda man. Would she tell him to get rid of a kid??

I think the ad was great.

July 11, 2011 11:36 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Brisceida Longoria-Arredondo

My husband told me ” I have cats” that was his sare away line( since all the girls he dated did not like cats) I found him more atractive.

July 12, 2011 11:51 amPosted 3 years ago
    okami

fyi: the picture’s been on the net for at least twelve years now. it was originally part of a site called ‘ respect the pussy.com ‘.

nice to know it’s still around. . .

July 12, 2011 1:31 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Leslee

The more I see of the human race, the more I appreciate the company of a cat.

July 12, 2011 2:42 pmPosted 3 years ago
    D M K

i wish i could kick out the hubs. found out too late that he’s not really into animals like he said he was. he told me to “donate” my cats (English isn’t his first language) even thought i’ve had them since kittendom in 2001 and he’s only been around since 2005. sorry, bucko. they win. we wouldn’t be a couple had i known you were that anti-pet to begin with.

• July 17, 2011 6:53 pmPosted 3 years ago
    kelly

i love this ad!! it’s the best ad i have ever run acrossed!!. dude u are so cool!. im gklad ur keeping the cat , maybe the xgirlfriend & my xboyfrend should kick together!!. the woould make a the world’s dummest couple .!. i just love this ad!.

July 19, 2011 10:07 amPosted 3 years ago
    NM

I agree with the guy choosing his cat over his girlfriend, but that didn’t give him the right to dump her property and then offer to give her away. What’s up with that? For someone who cares about sex trafficking and human slavery, that sits very, very wrong.

Frankly, as obnoxious as she might be and as bad the relationship might have been, nobody has the right to cancel out her right to self-determination. The fact that she is unaware of the ad describing her as is she was an animal and offering to take away her human rights is no defense.

(Yeah, I know the ‘it was only a joke’ defense. That doesn’t sit well, either).

Imagine instead if the guy had the maturity to sit down with his girlfriend and tell her he was choosing the cat and she had x amount of time to move herself out. Yes, it would be much less emotionally satisfying to an angry person, but much, MUCH more decent.

You know, decent as we hope all cat owners are.