Afghan Cat Miss Kitty is Reunited with Her Soldier in Texas

1098017_617486901615715_640835858_n

Miss Kitty and her soldier petdad
via Nowzad at Facebook

A US soldier who returned home to Texas from Afghanistan has been reunited with the sweet little cat he couldn’t bear to leave behind.

Nowzad, the British founded and run organization that rescues the dogs and cats of Afghanistan and, to a lesser degree, Iraq, and helps many travel back to rejoin their soldier friends in the UK and the US, was instrumental in helping Miss Kitty and her soldier.

Missy Kitty (aka Miss Kittie) stayed at the Nowzad shelter while she waited out her mandatory quarantine period and got her microchip, as funds were raised for her transport, which cost about $3,000.

Nowzad wrote at their Facebook page earlier today:  Ms Kittie was reunited with her soldier in Texas just a few days ago!

Miss Kitty’s soldier told his story early in June, at the fundraising pages gofundme (Miss Kitty’s page now removed) and the SAC (Soldiers’ animal Companion) Fund, where the appeal was made, writing:

My name is not important because this is not about me it is about an adorable kitty called Ms Kitty!

I am in Afghanistan and have been here for about 18 months. The daily activities and way of life is not even close to that in my country, The USA and the things we take for granted.

Somewhere in the middle of in all this little Kitty came up to me one day. She was not like the other strays. It was as though she was trying to say something. Not giving it much thought I reached down and picked her up. I took her to my room and feed her some of the cat food I’ d ask for months ago. We visited for at least 2 hours.

I did not know it then but I would began to look for her visit often. Not seeing her for at least two weeks, I figured she was removed. When she finally showed up again; I was relieved.

At this time I knew something needed to be done. On Ms Kitty’s last visit, I entertained her for over 3 hours. She convinced me she was ready to go and off she went. When she showed up the next mourning I knew it was meant to be. Everyone in my platoon knows of Ms Kitty.

On the same day that I asked Nowzad for help getting her to the rescue it was done. She has now received her first set of shots and been spayed and is settling in at the Nowzad shelter.

She gave companionship no human could understand and now I want to take her home to America.

##

And now Miss Kitty is home, where she will be safe, well cared for and loved.

468826_1370231224.1983

Miss Kitty and her soldier in Afghanistan

557006_607507899280282_201665411_n

Miss Kitty at Nowzad.

1075822_607507905946948_17411068_n

Miss Kitty at Nowzad.

Note: Nowzad spells Miss Kitty’s name ‘Kittie”, perhaps to prevent confusion between her and another Miss Kitty helped in 2009.

vdlfllgawe

August 10, 2013 9:16 pmPosted 8 months ago
    AnneDroid

What a lovely story. What a lovely man. This truly touches my heart. Thank you so much for posting this.

August 10, 2013 9:22 pmPosted 8 months ago
    Peggy

Dear Soldier, I hope that you and Miss Kitty will enjoy each other’s company for many years to come. Best Wishes. <3

August 11, 2013 4:28 amPosted 8 months ago
    catherine porter

oh what a really nice man, brought happy goosebumps all over me, all men don’t hate cats, which your story goes to prove, hope you have many happy years of miss kitties love and friendship, there was a reason she picked you.

a fellow cat lover from australia

August 11, 2013 8:36 amPosted 8 months ago
    pym

August 11, 2013 11:34 amPosted 8 months ago
    Susan. Hutton

Thank u for all u have done -especially miss kittie

August 11, 2013 4:44 pmPosted 8 months ago
    J M Cascio

What a compassionate, loving soldier. Proud of you, your service to our Country and for loving Miss Kittie enough to get her to God’s Country…….Texas via Amerca!!!!

August 11, 2013 4:44 pmPosted 8 months ago
    Shirley Brown

God bless you, soldier. May you and Miss Kitty be blessed with long life, health and happiness. God sent each of you to the other’s life for a good reason.

August 11, 2013 8:39 pmPosted 8 months ago
    Bobboe Butler

Reading your story made my day! Not to many people in a foreign country where there is a war would pay attention to a little stray kitten. But your touched my heart, how Miss Kittie kept return to the soldier who gave her love and protected her. I so glad that there was Nowzad, a UK pet rescue that was able to care for her. However, the biggest miracle was when you were able to bring to America & make Texas her home with a beautiful & compassionate soldier to be a forever pet.
    Thank you for serving our country so we in America can have our freedom. God Bless you & Miss Kittie

August 12, 2013 5:17 amPosted 8 months ago
    Melody Favish

What a lovely, compassionate man your are, Mr. Soldier, to rescue that sweet little kitten. The picture of you cuddling her is worth more than a thousand words. You did a good deed and will be rewarded with friendship and love for life. Best wishes from a fellow cat lover in Norway.

• August 12, 2013 12:55 pmPosted 8 months ago
    MyThreeMoggies

What an amazing story love it x

August 16, 2013 6:29 pmPosted 8 months ago
    Pamela

Love this story. Miss Kittie is too cute for words. <3

August 16, 2013 7:49 pmPosted 8 months ago
    AnneDroid

Went to the Nowzad site on FB and am now supporting it. What a wonderful organization!
    And again, much love and kudos to Our Soldier and his Miss Kittie! You are both amazing, and I thank you for your service and fabulous heart, and wish you both many long years of happiness and joy! :)