Waltham, MA resident Carol Boyle was reunited with her cat Blackie on Friday after firefighters found him behind a couch on the second floor of 240 Crescent St following a deadly fire that took the life of one man and displaced eight occupants of the multi-family home.
“I heard a fire alarm and somebody yelling ‘Fire, get out of the house!’” said Ms. Boyle, who was sleeping when the fire started in an upstairs unit at around 3am.
Waltham firefighters responded to a call from a passerby and found flames shooting out of a window on the third floor. This fire may have been started by improperly disposed of smoking materials.
Read more at the Taunton Daily Gazette