In Wisconsin, Kevin and Annette Shanahan are raising three cats in their home. To their surprise, recently one of the cats saved their lives.
One morning around one A.M. their cat Gracie started pounding on the door to their bedroom. “I got out of bed to stop her from pounding on the door and then I looked to my left and Annette was there in the chair,” Kevin told CBS news.
“I was hanging on to the arm of the chair and I thought I was dying,” Annette said. She was barely breathing. She called 911 but the only thing she could say was that she could hardly breathe. When the firefighters arrived, they found lethal levels of carbon monoxide inside the couple’s home, caused by a malfunction in the hot water heater. Kevin and Annette were rushed to the hospital where they spent the night.
The couple credits Gracie with saving their lives. “Very lucky. If it wasn’t for the cat, I don’t know how much she was saving our lives, but she wanted to get out of there and she knew enough to know something was wrong,” said Kevin. “She was pounding on the door.”
“I say saved by grace, saved by the grace of God, because she doesn’t usually sleep with us,” Annette said.
For the full article visit http://wreg.com/