Cat Injured in House Fire Gets Help

Life With Cats is reader-supported. We may earn a small commission through products purchased using links on this page.

Friends and neighbors are pitching in to help a cat injured in a house fire. Baby suffered minor burns, respiratory issues and carbon monoxide poisoning in the fire that destroyed her family’s home.

Liz Tefera, her son, and a tenant renting a room were all displaced by the fire that destroyed the Tefera home, in the Lyon Park section of Arlington, VA, last Wednesday. The 12 year old boy was home with his family’s two cats at the time of the fire. The boy and one cat got out but the other cat, Baby, remained inside and was not found until the following day.

“Two cats were trapped in the house during the fire,” neighbor Donna Seabold said. “One cat was found immediately after the fire was extinguished, and suffered only minor injuries. The second cat, named Baby, was not found until the following day in the flooded basement of the boarded up house. Baby has suffered minor burns, respiratory issues, and carbon monoxide poisoning.”

Baby was taken to VCA SouthPaws animal hospital in Fairfax, where she received oxygen for three days. She is now at Nova Cat Clinic in Virginia Square, Donna Seabold told a reporter for ARLnow, and her condition is improving. Baby’s medical bills have already reached $2,000.




Friends and others interested in helping Baby or the family are asked to use the email address [email protected]  at  PayPal. 



Leave a Comment